The Industry Partnerships and Commercialisation team (IPC), together with the Startups and Investments team, works with researchers to help develop their novel research into new businesses, products or services.
They support the process of taking an idea from the lab into the market, by:
- Assessing inventions, considering commercial potential, the state of the market and development requirements
- Protecting intellectual property through patents and other appropriate forms of intellectual property protection
- Providing advice on establishing proof of concept, using their commercial experience to inform inventors about what businesses want to see
- Advising on IP and commercial strategy
- Managing the licensing process (including negotiations and post-deal administration)
- Providing unique support where required.