How to apply
Upcoming MSc Environmental Technology open days:
- Thursday 6 February, 14.00-17.00
- Thursday 30 April, 14.00-17.00
To confirm your attendance for the February open day, please complete this registration form.
Postgraduate Teaching Office:
- tel: + 44 (0) 207 594 9285
The application process
When to apply
We advise all prospective candidates to apply as soon as possible.
- Recruitment is based on the specialist option you select in the second term (see 'Second term' of the Course structure
- Candidates are required to state their preferred Options (a maximum of two in order of preference) in the personal statement on their form when they apply
For further information about the options please see the Course structure.
The programme entry requirement is a 2.1 in a science, engineering or social science subject. However, for candidates with a 2.2 Honours without work experience, our course has an internal mechanism, under which a request for approval has to be made by the Option Convenor to the Director of the course before an offer is made. A special case will only be valid for someone who has appropriate and relevant additional work or academic experience to compensate for the degree(s) being below the College's minimum entry requirement(s). The department will decide what relevant experience is and the duration or extent that is required to compensate for the requirements that are not fulfilled.
- The minimum score for IELTS is 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all elements). For details of IELTS test centres, visit the IELTS website. Alternatively, contact your nearest British Council office if you are not a UK resident.
- The minimum score for TOEFL (iBT) is 100 overall (minimum 22 in all elements). Imperial College London considers TOEFL scores to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of your studies at Imperial if your application is successful. For more information relating regarding TOEFL please visit the ETS website.
- The minimum score for Pearson Academic (PTE) is 69 overall (minimum 62 in all elements). Imperial College London considers Pearson (PTE) scores to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of your studies at Imperial if your application is successful. For more information relating regarding Pearson please visit the Pearson website.
The Course has a strong policy that all applicants must be interviewed if not rejected. Where this is not possible because of physical constraints, such as country of residency of applicant, a video interview (e.g. Skype) is normally arranged.
For further information please see MSc Environmental Technology in the postgraduate prospectus.
All potential applicants must apply online via the Postgraduate Prospectus
Applicants are required to fill out the personal statement template stating their option choices and reasons for choosing these. Failure to upload this document as part of your application on the student e-service will mean your application will not be fully processed.
For help with your postgraduate online application, or if it is not possible for you to use the online facility please contact Registry Support on +44 (0)20 7594 7260 during office hours (9.30 to 17:00 UK time) to discuss your case.
For additional information please contact our Postgraduate Teaching Office:
tel: + 44 (0) 207 594 9285
The Basil Furneaux Memorial Fund
The Basil Furneaux Memorial Fund aims to provide support for past or present students of the College in need, particularly in relation to the advancement of education in agriculture. The award is open to undergraduates at Imperial College in their final year of study (and those who have completed undergraduate degrees at Imperial College). The value of each award is up to £17,000 contribution towards tuition fees, tenable for the period of masters study.
For more information, please visit the Fees and Funding page.