Dyslexia Champions™ are volunteers who contribute towards a ‘dyslexia/neuro-divergence friendly’ workplace culture. They answer questions and provide informal support related to dyslexia & other ‘processing differences’ such as dyspraxia & dyscalculia.
- are an ‘approachable, knowledgeable friend’
- have a positive influence on their colleagues and work environment
- continue to gain knowledge around the area of interest - dyslexia and associated ‘processing differences’ (dyscalculia, dyspraxia, ADD & ADHD)
- appreciate the need for positive wellbeing - for colleagues and for themselves.
- work with heart – and they are approachable, knowledgeable and impartial.
- guide colleagues towards a recognised process of support.
If you have a question around dyslexia, experiencing difficulties of just want to know more about how they can support you, please contact a Dyslexia Champion today.
The Dyslexia Champions™ programme was developed by Janette Beetham from Right Resources. Imperial's Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Centre uses Janette as one of our expert consultants, and the Dyslexia Champions programme was piloted at Imperial in 2017.
Imperial Dyslexia Champions
Personal detailsGabriella Kerr-Gordon Acting EDI Advisor
Personal detailsPeter Brown Site Manager
Personal detailsSara Rankin Professor of Leukocyte and Stem Cell Biology
Personal detailsMery Fajardo UG Admissions & Disability Administrator
Personal detailsEmma Sharp Project Manager
Personal detailsKalpna Mistry Staff Network Coordinator