Equality Impact Assessment Workshops
23 November 2021, 12:00-14:00
4 April 2022, 10:00-12:00
14 June 2022, 10:00-12:00
An Equality Impact Assessment, or EIA, is a way of ensuring Imperial College London policies, practices, services and functions are the very best that they can be by checking:
- That they do not inadvertently disadvantage anyone
- That wherever possible, they proactively advance equality, diversity and inclusion at Imperial College.
The training course will consist of the following:
- What is an equality impact assessment?
- Why have one?
- The groups of students and staff you need to consider in an EIA.
- When do I need to conduct an EIA?
- What evidence do I need to provide and who do I need to consult?
- What to do if you need to change something as a result of the EIA.
- What does an EIA look like?
- Understand the legal context of EIAs.
- Participants will be able to follow a step-by-step guide to completing an EIA.
- Each participant will also receive draft completed templates as a guide.
Who Should Attend
This course is open to all staff members
- 2 hour training course
- Facilitated by an external trainer: Dr Ossie Stuart
- No charge for Imperial staff
- Platform - Zoom