Dates for the 2020-21 academic year will be released in October.
- Addresses stereotypes, myths and misconceptions about disability
- Introduces the Social Model and puts it in a practical context
- Enables participants to identify current or potential organisational inequalities
- Gives an overview of disability legislation
- Explores positive and practical changes which remove or reduce barriers
- Encourages questioning and is non-judgemental
Who should attend
All staff who have first hand dealings with internal and external users of our services. The aim is to help staff carry out their responsibilities to students, staff and customers with disabilities. Additionally, the course aims to increase knowledge and understanding of legislation, our policies and procedures and organisational responsibilities.
- Half day training course
- Facilitated by external trainers: Business Disability Forum
- No charge for Imperial staff