Dates for the 2020-21 academic year will be released in October.
This course aims to extend participants’ knowledge and understanding of sexual orientation and gender identity.
The course covers:
- Use appropriate terminology with regards to sexual orientation and gender identity
- State the impact of homophobia, biphobia and transphobia on the LGBT+ community
- Understand intersectionality and the varied experience of people within the LGBT+ community
- Effectively challenge discrimination in the workplace appropriately
- Develop tools on how to be an effective ally to the LGBT+ staff and students
Who should attend
This course is open to all staff members
- Half day training course
- Facilitated by external trainer: Challenge Consultancy Ltd
- No charge for Imperial staff