Disability confidence - line managing disabled colleagues
Part 1 - 2 September, 15.00 – 16.00
Part 2 - 28 September, 14.00 – 15.00
Research reports consistently show that the two priorities for disabled people and people with long-term health conditions in work are:
- getting the adjustments that they need
- having a disability confident line manager.
Please sign up to these webinars that cover both these priorities.
Webinar: Part 1
Policies, Performance & Passports: Whose responsibility is it anyway?
We focus on:
- The purpose of physical and non-physical adjustments and the relationship between adjustments and performance.
- The roles and responsibilities of the disabled colleague and the line manager.
- Highlight key policy provision.
- Share the benefits to both parties of an organisational or individual passport.
Webinar: Part 2
Confidence, Conversations & Culture: Building best practice as business as usual.
We focus on:
- What it means, and what it takes, to be a disability confident line manager.
- How to have conversations with our disabled colleagues, or those we think may have an impairment or health condition, in a way that is positive and encourages them to bring their best to work.
- How to manage expectations and encourage progression.
- Tips on being a purple ally.
Join us on these webinars to enhance your practices as a disability confident line manager.
Who should attend
This training programme is aimed at staff with managerial and supervisory responsibility.
- 1 hour webinar
- No charge for Imperial staff