Shuttle Trial Information
The shuttle bus trial period ended on 23 March 2018. We are grateful for the large amount feedback given to us by students and staff. Many thanks.
During the trial period:
- 100% of services scheduled were covered daily, even during the very adverse weather conditions.
- 99.7% of services ran on time.
- Just 3 services run late.
- 1 service departed before its scheduled time.
- 10 items have been left on board vehicles and were handed into Security at South Kensington as found property.
- 6 people were refused to entry onto coaches because they were carrying goods.
Feedback given back to us for improvement opportunities have been:
- For a continuous lunch time service to be provided
- Additional morning services
- Later services running from 18:00 hours
Positive feedback has been:
- Users like the later services from both South Kensington and Hammersmith campuses
- Users like the professional attitude of the drivers
- Users like the comfort of the coaches
- Users say the drivers are friendly
We believe that the trial with Commonwealth Coaches has been very successful and so we will be moving forward with them as our service provider, running this Campus Shuttle Timetable. We hope to make lunch time adjustments requested from early April 2018.
Users are reminded that a vacation timetable will operate from the 4th April until 30th April 2018.
We will continually work with Commonwealth Coaches to make adjustments to accommodate future Departmental needs.
Once again thanks for everyone’s feedback and email.