Art, Art Appreciation and Art History Courses
Open to all, our adult education courses are taught live online and attract people from across the UK and all over the world. They are taught mainly in the evening (UK time) but some are scheduled during the day (again UK time).
Available courses in this area
Starting in October, our art and art history classes cover a range of subjects including:
- African Art History with Dr Alinta Sara
- British Art in the 20th Century with Dr Michael Paraskos
- Cultural Contexts in Arts and Design with Dr Gus Subero
- Art Class: Drawing Skills with Marianne Walker (in association with the Blyth Centre for Music and Art)
- Art Class: Drawing and Painting from Nature with Jo Fisher-Roberts (in association with the South London Botanical Institute)
- Film Studies: An Introduction with Dr Eleonora Sammartino
- Greek and Roman Mythology in Art with Leslie Primo
- Joy of Art: 10 Great Artists with Dr Michael Paraskos
- Modern Art from Impressionism to Now with Dr Michael Paraskos
- Photography: Practice and Theory with Honey Salvadori
- Science Fiction in Art, Literature and Film with Dr Glyn Morgan
- The Story of Western Art with Leslie Primo
- Women in Art with Dr Abi Schapiro
New courses are added regularly.
What to expect
Our tutors are all professional experts in their fields as you would expect from Imperial College, but you will also find them welcoming, friendly and encouraging, not least to those who have never studied these subjects before.
Our adult education courses are not credit bearing, so you do not need any qualifications or previous experience to take part and there is no assessment, and you can take the courses just for fun or to broaden your artistic horizons.
Please click on the links above or visit our current course website for a full list of practical art and art history courses available starting this autumn.