Science and Social Sciences Courses
Imperial College is well known as one of the world's leading universities for science, technology and medicine, and as part of our commitment to community education we have a lively programme of adult education courses in science and social science open to everyone.
Our adult education courses are taught live online and attract people from across the UK and all over the world.
Available courses in this area
As well as our popular Introduction to Science course, we offer classes on:
- Cultural Contexts in Arts and Design
- Lunchtime Philosophy
- Science Fiction in Art, Literature and Film
- Spellbound: A Social History of Magic
- Understanding Psychotherapy: A Social History of the Mind
- Understanding Science: An Introduction to Science
- Understanding Science: The Body - In Sickness and in Health
- Understanding Science: The Brain - Neuroscience, Psychiatry and Psychology
New courses are added regularly.
What to expect
Our tutors are all professional experts in their fields as you would expect from Imperial College, but you will also find them welcoming, friendly and encouraging, not least to those who have never studied these subjects before.
Our adult education courses are not credit bearing, so you do not need any qualifications or previous experience to take part and there is no assessment, and you can take the courses just for fun or to broaden your intellectual horizons.
Please visit our current course website for a full list of science and social science courses available starting this autumn.