Italian Conversation (daytime)
Join our friendly and informal lunchtime classes to learn or improve your Italian skills.
At a glance
- Classroom course
- 1 hour a week
- Tuesdays 13:00 - 14:00
- 10 weeks: January to March
- Tutor: Adriana Lepori
- Fees from £65 to £110
- Imperial College attendance certificate (T&Cs apply)
This 10-week course is NOT suitable for Beginners or learners at elementary level. To fully benefit from the classes, you are expected to have some oral competence in the language, equivalent to intermediate level, post GCSE or B1. If in doubt, please contact the Italian Coordinator who can assess whether this class is suitable for you.
Speaking a foreign language is always much easier if you have opportunities to practise it in a variety of settings. Our lunchtime conversational classes are designed to give you opportunity to speak Italian in a series of role-play situations based on everyday life.
With support from our expert tutor, the classes place an emphasis on listening and speaking, helping you to build your confidence, improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary, by enabling you to tackle a variety of everyday situations.
The classes are an excellent supplement to any formal language classes you might be studying, but will also be useful to you if your language skills are a bit rusty, giving you the chance to reacquaint yourself with the language in a supportive and friendly environment.
You are advised to read the booking terms and conditions before joining this class.
This 10-week course is taught once a week for 1 hour.
This will be a classroom-based course taught at our South Kensington campus in London.
Those who attend at least 80% of the course sessions will receive an attendance certificate from Imperial College London upon completion of the course.
Progress through the course and textbook (if any) will depend on the group dynamics of the class. Students are advised not to buy any course books before the start of the course.
Choosing the right language level is very important and we aim to make the process of deciding which is the right course level for you as simple as possible.
If you have some experience in the language you wish to study please first review our course descriptions to try to identify the course level which should be most suitable for you. Especially if you are out of practice in a language, or have been out of formal education for a while, please be reasonably sure and realistic about your level of proficiency prior to proceeding with enrolment.
If you do require course-level advice, our Italian Coordinator will happily assist you. Please contact Dr Sheila Lecoeur, firstname.lastname@example.org
All tutors on our language programmes are native speakers with a great deal of experience in teaching languages to beginners and the more advanced. Tutor contact details are provided in the programme pack which will be emailed to you just prior to the start of term.
Should you wish to receive further details on your tutor's background or teaching qualifications please contact our Italian Coordinator, Dr Sheila Lecoeur, email@example.com
Course Delivery Method: Classroom Taught Course
Courses delivered in-person in a classroom*
This course takes place at our South Kensington Campus and will be classroom taught.
All courses lasting two hours have a 10-minute break in the middle. For one hour courses there is no break.
Covid-19 and Safe Distancing for Classroom-based Courses
Please be aware of covid-19 safe-distancing requirements and adhere to them. We ask if possible that participants on this course take a home swab test (lateral flow test) before joining each session of the class. Swab tests can be ordered free of charge prior to the start of the course from https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or obtained free of charge from many pharmacists.
* In the event of the government or Public Health England requiring further lockdown measures the class will transfer online and any remaining sessions will be taught entirely online.
Course Fees and Rate Categories
|Hours||Weeks||Standard Rate||Internal Rate||Associate Rate|
|10||10|| £110 (≡£11.00 per hour)
||£65 (≡£6.50 per hour)
||£85 (≡£8.50 per hour)
|All fee rates quoted and due are for the whole course. Part-payments are not possible. Equivalent to hourly rate is for comparison guidance only. There is no early-bird discount for January intake courses.|
Rate Categories and Discounts
- Applicable to all except those who fall under the Internal Rate or Associate Rate category, respectively.
- Current Imperial College students and staff (incl. Imperial NHS Trust, Imperial Innovations, ancillary & service staff employed on long-term contracts at Imperial College by third-party contractors)
- Individuals enrolling under our Friends & Family scheme
- Staff of the English Chamber Orchestra
- Current Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication (CLCC) staff, current CLCC PhD students, Science Communication (Sci Comm) postgraduate students, and students enrolled on an Imperial College 'Language for Science' degree programme should contact firstname.lastname@example.org before completing the online enrolment form
- Alumni of Imperial College and predecessor colleges and institutes
- Austrian Cultural Forum staff
- City & Guilds College Association members
- Cooperative College Members
- Francis Crick Institute staff, researchers and students
- Friends and Patrons of the English Chamber Orchestra
- Harrods staff
- Historic Royal Palaces staff
- Lycee Charles de Gaulle staff
- Members of the Friends of Imperial College
- Members of the Kennel Club
- Members of the London Zoological Society
- Members of the South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
- Members of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Natural History Museum staff
- National Health Service (NHS) employees
- Residents of postcodes SW3, SW5, SW7, SW10 and W8
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Council staff
- Royal College of Art and Royal College of Music tutors and other staff
- Royal Geographical Society staff
- Science Museum staff
- Staff of Exhibition Road Cultural Group (Discover South Kensington) organisations
- Students (non-Imperial College)
- Teachers and other staff of UK schools
- Tutors and other staff of institution members of the Association of Colleges
- Tutors and other staff of other universities and higher education institutions
- Victoria and Albert Museum staff
It is possible to enrol on many CLCC Evening Class and Lunchtime Learning programmes after the course has started. For non-language courses this is subject entirely to agreement by the tutor. For language courses it is subject to agreement by the language Coordinator conducting level assessment. If you want to join a course late do bear in mind there might be work you will need to catch up on, particularly in language courses.
Applicable terms & conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions [pdf] before enrolling on any course.
|Hours||Weeks||Autumn term||Spring term||Summer term||Summer School|
|10||10||n/a||w/c 17 Jan - w/e 26 Mar 2022 (10 weeks)*||n/a||n/a|
|* This is a one-term course|
Web enrolment starts 5 November 2021
Enrolment and payment run through the Imperial College eStore. Please click on the blue booking link on the relevant course page noting below instructions:
- Our rate categories are explained on the course page and your applicable rate category must be selected on the eStore
- First-time eStore users please create an account by entering an email address and password. These credentials should also be used for future bookings. Imperial College users please note the eStore is not a single-signon College system
- The booking process involves entering payment details after your course choice and applicant details are collected via an in-built questionnnaire
- The following email notifications are sent:
|What is sent||When is it sent||What does it contain|
|1. Payment confirmation||Is sent instantaneously following submission of your online application||
|2. Enrolment confirmation||Is sent within 10 working days. Please treat your payment confirmation as confirmation that your applicant details and payment have been received||
|3. Programme information||Is usually sent on Friday late afternoon the week before term starts||
|If you need further help with the above information please ring 020 7594 8756