About the event
Finding a new full-time job is always a challenge, especially if you want to make a big change. The challenge can be trickier in mid-career (between 45 and 50) when employees may fixate on younger candidates.
The best – and most underappreciated – tactic in these situations is to “Get Your Foot in the door” by looking for projects, consulting contracts and freelance work.
In this webinar, Daniel Porot will show how flexibility on the type of work you do, combined with unconventional job search techniques, can transform your prospects and open new doors at any age.
We will discuss:
- How and why you should look for projects alongside full time roles
- The value of the “foot in the door” technique
- What kinds of research you should do
- How to translate your experience into value for an employer (even in an unrelated industry)
- How to work with peers to research industries
- How to spot and defuse older worker bias
About the speaker
Daniel Porot lectures on career design and job hunting at INSEAD, Columbia, IMD, Kellogg, London Business School, Stanford and Wharton. Daniel co-taught Richard N. Bolles’ (author of What Color Is Your Parachute?) two-week summer workshop for 20 years. He has trained more than 115,000 people in 60 countries and has enabled over 2 million people to be trained using his methods. He is the author of 22 books (including four US and European bestsellers). More information (and free careers materials) at www.Porot.com
How to book
We have 250 free tickets for Imperial alumni which can be booked online (use code “ImperialAlum” if the free ticket is not shown).