Information for exhibitors and performers
Great Exhibition Road Festival in 2020 – open for ideas
During the summer of 2019 Imperial partnered with 20 neighbours across Exhibition Road and South Kensington, including some of the world’s most iconic museums and institutions, to create a unique festival.
Over 50,000+ people attended the first-ever Great Exhibition Road Festival to enjoy a mixture of art and science, culture and local history, technology and curiosity. You can learn more about the 2019 festival by watching this highlights video.
Festival returns in 2020!
Now the Festival has been confirmed as an annual tradition in this part of the capital, Imperial’s Festival organising team are seeking proposals for the second iteration, which will run from the 3rd-5th July 2020. Staff and students are encouraged to submit ideas for research demonstrations, talks, workshops, behind-the-scenes tours, music and dance performances, and any other contribution that might entertain and inspire the public.
For further details on the sort of contributions Imperial staff and students can make to the Festival, and specific requests for the type of content we would like to see more of in 2020, please download our Great Exhibition Road Festival 2020 Guidance Doc
The deadline for proposals to be submitted is 12 Noon on Tuesday 26th November 2019
Supporting your application
If you want to take part in next year’s Festival but are not sure what to do. Or if you have an idea but not sure if it will work or how to make it happen, there are a few options:
- Festival Proposals Clinics- We are hosting two of these in November where the Festival organising team will discuss the different ways the Imperial community can get involved and answer any questions or respond to any ideas you might have. You can register for these by clicking on the following links -
- Art and Science Matchmaking session - If you are particularly interested in collaborations with any of our Festival partners, we are hosting a matchmaking event bringing together Imperial teams with interested parties from across the Festival partner organisations. If you are interested, please email email@example.com to add your name to the invitee list and we will email shortly with further details of how to attend. To take part, attendees will be required to:
- Work with a Festival partner to come up with a brand new engagement project
- Contribute some funding or budget towards financing the collaboration
- Bring along an open mind to listen to the creative experts and artists in the room and talk openly about potential collaborations
We look forward to working with you on this truly unique event!