Imperial 1907 circle
We offer membership of the Imperial 1907 Circle to those donors who lead our fundraising effort – those who give £5,000 or more during the College's financial year.
The Imperial 1907 Circle is named after the year the College was founded. On 8 July 1907 a Royal Charter granted by King Edward VII, united the Royal College of Science, the Royal School of Mines and the City and Guilds College, to form Imperial College London.
The vital role of philanthropy
Philanthropy played a vital role during the early days of Imperial. Soon after the Royal Charter was signed it became clear that the College needed more space to begin its expanded mission. Substantial donations from renowned businessmen and philanthropists, Sir Alfred Beit and Sir Julius Charles Wernher, funded the construction of a new building and exactly two years after the signing of the Royal Charter the foundation stone was laid by King Edward VII.
How we recognise Imperial 1907 Circle members
Members of the Imperial 1907 Circle receive:
- A custom Imperial 1907 Circle lapel pin, reissued for each year of their membership
- An invitation to an exclusive annual event hosted by the President
- Special recognition in the College’s Annual Fundraising Report as an Imperial 1907 Circle membership
- A personalised annual update on the impact of their support
To learn more about Imperial 1907 Circle membership
To learn more about joining the Imperial 1907 Circle please contact Shona McIntosh on +44 (0)20 7594 2949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org