Our Annual Lecture provides an opportunity for Imperial academics to engage with leaders in the field of global health.
The Institute has developed an esteemed national and international profile. We showcase our broad portfolio of research interests and talent through policy events and outreach initiatives that bolster a strong network both internally, within the College, and further afield with external stakeholders.
We also host our popular Annual Lecture, which provides an opportunity for the Imperial community to engage with leaders in the field of global health.
Previous guests include:
- Dr Julio Frenk, Dean of Faculty, Harvard School of Public Health and former Secretary of Health Mexico who talked about 'Global Health Innovations: Products, Policy and Platforms'.
- Dr Noubar Afeyan, inventor, entrepreneur and founder and Managing Partner of Flagship Ventures who discussed 'Disruptive Innovations in Life Sciences'.
- Professor David Meltzer, Professor of Medicine, Economics and Public Policy at the University of Chicago who presented a talk on 'Reforming High Risk Patient Support in US Healthcare System'.
- Dr Demis Hassabis, co-founder and CEO of DeepMind who discussed 'Healthcare and Artificial Intelligence'.
- Dr David Nabarro, Chair of Global Health at the Imperial College, London who spoke on 'The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: What it means for all of us'.