How to enter
Searching for the next generation of global health innovators.
Your entry can either be linked to your end-of-year project/PhD thesis or a separate global health initiative that you wish to develop further. It is open to all UK based PG and UG students at any UK university and you can enter as an individual or as a group.
The Student Challenges Competition is run in three stages:
Stage 1 – Preliminary application
- Complete the full application form (Student Challenges Competition application form 2016/17) providing as much detail as possible and making sure to keep within the allocated word count.
- Create a 2-3 minute video to illustrate your project idea and how it works. Please be as creative as you can as this will go towards the shortlisting decision and may also be shown at the Dragon’s Den event if you are a finalist.
- Submit your application form and a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entrants will be contacted once a shortlisting decision has been made.
Final submission deadline: 11:59pm GMT on Friday 20th January 2017
Stage 2 - Synopsis and presentation
Shortlisted candidates who progress to stage 2 will be required to present their idea to a panel of global health experts at our annual Dragon’s Den style event to find the winner. The event will take place in early 2017.
Stage 3 – Project implementation and report on progress
The Winner(s) will then progress to stage 3 – the implementation of their idea. They will be required to present at the following year’s Dragon’s Den event, where they will be given the opportunity to summarise their progress and their journey throughout the competition.
- Submission deadline: 11:59pm on Friday 20th January 2017
Application form download
- Full application form - Student Challenges Competition application form 2016/17
Contact our Communications Manager Jo Seed on 0207 594 1484 (email@example.com) if you require any further assistance.
We look forward to receiving your entry.