Cleantech Accelerator programme
Climate-KIC Accelerator London
The Climate-KIC Accelerator London is delivered by Imperial's Centre for Cleantech Innovation, in partnership with EIT Climate-KIC. It is an open-ended accelerator for climate positive technology and start-ups. It offers early stage entrepreneurs access to business coaching with experienced professionals, a range of masterclasses, a free incubator work-space and up to €60,000 equity-free grant funding. Above all, it provides the opportunity to be part of the largest Cleantech incubation community in the world.
Our next application intake closes on 25th November 2018, with the programme kicking off in January 2019.
Can't wait that long? Apply now to the Climate Launchpad competition to test your idea, develop your skills, and hugely improve your chance of getting a place on the Accelerator when the time comes!
We expect applicants to have a clearly thought-out idea, a good understanding of how the tech behind it will work (though you don't necessarily have to have a working prototype yet), and usually at least one team member who is working full-time on the project. It is an open-ended accelerator for climate positive technology and start-ups which offers early stage entrepreneurs access to business coaching with experienced professionals, a range of masterclasses, and up to €60,000 equity-free grant funding. Above all, it provides the opportunity to be part of the largest Cleantech incubation community in the world.
How it works
- Apply for stage 1
- Invited for interview
- Acceptance onto the Programme & an introductory 2-day workshop
- Imperial advisors work with teams for 4-6 weeks.
- Submit documents
- Final 5 minute pitch & presentation to a panel of the idea and business model options
- Successful completion of Stage 1 unlocks a €10k grant
- A market prioritisation matrix.
- Analysis of business model options, with a focus on market positioning.
- A commercial research plan for market engagement.
- Flexible working to further develop business idea.
- Focus on market research, customer & partner engagement and validation of the business model.
- Application to move to Stage 3 when teams feel they are ready.
- Successful completion of Stage 2 unlocks a €20k grant.
- Evidence of at least 50 market meetings with customers, partners and others.
- Validated business model.
- Final stage, with the intention that the business is at the point of commercialization upon exit.
- Successful completion of Stage 2 unlocks a €30k grant.
- Full business plan.
- Evidence of investor traction, preferably in the form of a high level term sheet.
To be eligible to apply you must be a UK-based team with time to commit to developing your business, and be either unincorporated or incorporated for less than a year. Criteria for selection onto the programme include: climate impact; scalability; team; uniqueness of IP / business differentiation; chances of success.