The 13th Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics is issuing a call for papers on the theme of 'Surgery and Beyond'. This annual symposium is the pinnacle event of the Hamlyn Centre for Medical Robotics, at Imperial College London. It provides an annual forum for surgeons and engineers from across the globe, to network and experience the latest developments in medical robotics attracting world-leading scientists, engineers and clinical practitioners from a wide range of disciplines associated with medical robotics and surgery.
SUBMIT YOUR PAPER via EasyChair
7th February 2020
15th April 2020
Surgical Robot Challenge:
20th June 2020
20th - 23rd June 2020
Call For Papers - Now Open!
Topics to be addressed by the Symposium include (but not limited to):
- Clinical highlights in Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedic, and Paediatric Surgery;
- Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology;
- New materials, sensors and actuators;
- Medical robotics for flexible access surgery, endoluminal, NOTES and micro-surgery;
- Mechatronic designs for medical robotics;
- Microbot design and applications;
- Surgical simulation, automation, training and skills assessment;
- Human robot interaction and ergonomics;
- Surgical navigation and augmented reality systems;
- Intra-operative imaging and biophotonics for robotic surgery;
- Medical image computing and computer assisted intervention;
- Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery;
- Deep learning surgical vision.
Camera Ready Paper Preparation
Your submission should be no more than 2 pages to include the following sections: INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS, DISCUSSION and REFERENCES.
- Length: Maximum of A4 2 pages;
- Paper size: DIN A4 Size (210 mm x 297 mm);
- Rand: Leave a 25mm margin at top and bottom of the page, and a 20mm margin at left and right sides;
- Page-Layout: Set the text in two columns of 80 mm width, with a central separation of 10mm;
- Font properties and size: Title: 14 pt, bold; Authors: 14 pt, normal; Institute + E-mail address: 12 pt, italics; Section headings: 10 pt, Capitals, bold; Text: 10 pt, normal; Figure captions and references: 9pt, normal.
- Please use Word and Latex template available via the "Submission Templates" button found on the right-hand corner of the EasyChair submission page.
Oral & Poster Presentation
- Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Oral Presentation: up to 12 minutes followed by 3 minutes Q &A.
- We recommend the slide size dimension to be set as 16:9 format
- Oral presenters should email their presentations to us by the deadline we announce later in 2020. If they encounter any problem to meet this deadline they should let us know as soon as possible
- Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- Poster dimensions: A0 portrait (There are no printing facilities at the venue. Please print your poster before you arrive.)
- Poster teasers: should comply to our template (slide size dimension as 16:9 format) for outlining the key points of your work.
- The presentation should not exceed the 90 sec duration.
- PPT Teaser presentation should be emailed by the deadline we announce later in 2020. Please, note that files should not exceed 10MBytes. They could be shared via the Imperial College File Exchange system: https://icseclzt.cc.ic.ac.uk/