Phone: 0800 085 4764 or +44 (0) 207 938 0881
Email: email@example.com (To help CiC provide the best possible support and avoid delays in call answering, we encourage you to email.)
Text relay: 18001 0800 085 1376
Online and Live Chat: well-online.co.uk
The 'Confidential Care' EAP
All College staff and members of their families living with them can get free professional and confidential help from Confidential Care, the College's Employee Assistance Provider, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call 0800 085 4764 or email.
Confidential Care's helpline, staffed by trained counsellors, can provide information and advice on a wide range of work and life issues and cover:
- Coping with organisational and workplace change
- Work performance and related issues
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Marital, family and relationship difficulties
- Alcohol/Substance misuse and addictive behaviour
- Work-life balance
- Debt management and debt counselling
- Legal information and advice
- Family Care information and advice
You can also speak or meet with a qualified counsellor to discuss personal problems in complete confidence. Couples counselling is available for staff with relationship problems.
Learn more about the help Confidential Care can provide you: CiC EAP Briefing Presentation.
CiC does not support siblings of employees. The way we define 'Family Members' is as follows:
'Family Members' means:
- A spouse, civil partner or common-law spouse of a Customer and
- Dependant members of the Customer Employees' households over the age of 16 and under 23, provided they are studying away from the family home in full-time education.
You can access a specialised service to assist you in dealing with many practical issues relating to child care, elder care, and disability care. There is no limit on the complexity or the number of requests that can be made, providing that the requests are ethical and legal. Every service or individual recommended is thoroughly vetted and checked for sustainability and availability.
Due to the nature of the queries, this service is available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Issues can include:
- Finding a nursery, playgroup or after-school club
- Finding an au-pair or nanny
- Providing information about child illness
- Giving ideas on what to do with children during the summer break and helping in finding child-friendly holidays, hotels or restaurants
- Providing locations, costs and details on care homes and nurses/carers
- Finding details on doctors, dentists, disabled car schemes, clubs, events and support groups
- Finding disabled-friendly holidays
- Finding specialist equipment
- Finding a vet, breeder, kennel/cattery or pet sitter, or rescue centre
- Providing any animal-related information
Managerial Advice Line
Confidential Care also provides a dedicated telephone advice line for managers and supervisors who need advice or would like to discuss how to best approach a problematic situation in their role as a manager. Please call 0800 085 3805 Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm or email.
Confidential Care does not provide identifiable information to College. All contact with Confidential Care is confidential. You need only say that you are from Imperial College. Calls to 0800 numbers from College extensions are not included in telephone charges reports.
Learn more about the Managerial Advice Line: CiC Managerial Adviceline Leaflet
Well Online - Self-Help Web
Well Online is a comprehensive wellbeing resource offering many practical tips, fresh ideas and stimulating reading.
You can either use the site on a stand-alone basis or gather information to better understand an issue before discussing it with a telephone advisor.
The information is updated, and new topics are added as needs are identified. To access Well Online, you will need the following login details:
Support for families touched by cancer.
One in three people is diagnosed with cancer during their lives. Shock, grief and fear are just some of the feelings they and their families must deal with. Such emotions are too painful to carry alone.
Talking to a counsellor experienced in cancer issues can ease the sense of isolation you may feel and help you find ways to face the challenges ahead.
Please call CIC Adviceline on 0800 085 1376 at any time, night or day, 365 days a year.
Learn more about what CiC Cancer Counselling can provide.
Everyday Matters information finding service
Through the ‘Confidential Care’ employee assistance programme, you can access the ‘Everyday Matters’ information-finding service. This service is a valuable time-saving tool that will allow you to request any information regarding services, activities and suppliers in your area without taking the time and effort to gather this information for yourself.
The information-finding service takes your requests and does all the research on your behalf. Confidential Care will then send the results to you in any form you require, including the information packs, search results and costings attached to the services or activities you are looking for.
Below are some examples of how you might use this service.
- Find a Nursery: We would find nurseries in your area which have vacancies and meet your requirements. Provide information on costs and what each nursery offers.
- Find a Nanny: Provide details on Nanny Agencies, prices and information.
- Find playgroup/carer: We would find playgroups and carers with vacancies, check that they have the right qualifications, and find out the costs and full details of the service provided.
- After-school clubs: Find details about after-school clubs in your area. This would also include providing information on swimming pools, riding schools, judo and karate clubs and drama schools.
- Find an Au-pair: Provide information on ways to find an Au-pair and the process to follow in taking on and employing an au-pair.
- Children information: Provide information about child illness. Where to get separate injections for MMR, for example, and finding an NHS doctor/dentist. Provide information on allergies.
- Schools taxis: Find out information on any transport for children, including school transport.
- Holidays: What to do with your children during the summer break, flying with children, finding a child-friendly hotel or restaurant.
- Children Parties and events: Need to find a face painter or organise a day out for a group of children.
- Produce research and information: Find out information on toys, gift ideas or special equipment.
- Maternity Care: Provide help and information for employees about to give birth. This could include finding information on private hospital care and home help.
For the elderly and disabled
- Care homes: We would find care homes in your area which have vacancies and meet your requirements. Provide information on costs and what each home offers.
- Find nurse/carer: We would find carers with vacancies, check that they have the right qualifications, and find out the costs and full details of the service provided. We could help find full-time carers, or even a part-time carer or house-sitter if you have to go away.
- Information: Provide information on what help is available in your area, from your local government, for example. Find a doctor or dentist.
- Transport: Provide information on transportation, including taxis, buses and the disabled car scheme.
- Clubs: Provide information on clubs and events in your area.
- Holidays: Find disabled-friendly holidays or provide information.
- Product research and information: Help find specialist equipment.
- Special Needs Children: Provide information on help in your area, including support groups.
- Find a vet: Find a vet or medical treatment in your area.
- Find a breeder: Provide information on breeders in the area and who might have litters available.
- Find a kennel/cattery or pet sitter: Going away on holiday and need to find someone to look after your pets.
- Find a rescue centre: Information on rescue centres in your area – to help out or find a pet.
- Information: Any animal-related information.
For home, travel, retail & other matters
- Find a doctor, dentists (private and national health), therapists
- Moving into a new area – utilities info, health centres, local information
- Inoculations advice
- Foreign office advice
- Airport information
- Passport advice and visas
Family & Pets
- Evening classes
- Kennels & catteries
- Market research
- Simple gifts – flowers, wine, chocolates
Leisure & Entertainment
- Beauty & fitness clubs
- Find a driving school
- Leasing and hire companies