Learning and teaching promotions
This page sets out guidance for staff who may require further information regarding opportunities for promotion within or transfer to the revised Learning and Teaching job family.
Many of the new career development opportunities are applicable from June 2018. The structure detailed below is linked to the College’s Learning and Teaching Strategy. The Strategy aims to establish a culture that values teaching as highly as research and to establish new ways for students to contribute to the educational experience.
Staff may follow two paths, one which follows the Academic Promotions guidance and one which follows the Learning and Teaching Promotions guidance below.
- Download the Learning &Teaching Job Family - Briefing for Staff [pdf]
- Download the Learning and Teaching Promotions FAQs [PDF]
The completed form should be sent by e-mail to: Learning-and-Teaching-Promotion@imperial.ac.uk
- April: Deadline for submission of paperwork: 16 April. Outcomes communicated by the end of May. Promotions will take effect on 1 June.
- August: Deadline for submission of paperwork: 16 August. Outcomes communicated by the end of September. Promotions will take effect on 1 October.
- November: Deadline for submission of paperwork: 16 November. Outcomes communicated by the end of December. Promotions will take effect on 1 January .
Role profiles for each level
Learning Job Family - Learning Technologist Role Profiles- Representative Work Activities
Teaching Job Family - Teaching Fellow Role Profiles - Representative Work Activities
- Assistant Teaching Fellow & Teaching Fellow roles
- Senior Teaching Fellow & Principal Teaching Fellow roles
- Teaching Fellow roles (title under review - equivalent to Level 6)
The Learning and Teaching Job Family also includes three Academic roles: Associate Professor of Education, Reader in Education and Professor of Education. Full information on criteria and how to apply for promotion may be found on the Academic Promotions' webpage.
Guidance & Forms
Some of the downloadable documents linked to on this page are not accessible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an accessible version.