The Faculties of Engineering, Medicine, Natural Sciences and the Business School have central offices which co-ordinate activities across all of their departments. Trainee placements in a Faculty Office provide several opportunities to be a part of the strategic, research, teaching and operations sides of the area. In the past, trainees have supported the Strategic Research Manager, Faculty Operating Officer, Faculty Finance Officer and Faculty Education Manager in their roles. Faculty placements offer trainees an insight into the role of a Faculty and how they operate within the College structure.
- Leading an initiative to engage research Fellows more effectively
- Driving a project to bring together environmental-related research within the College
- Providing funding bodies with information regarding the Faculty’s strategic research priorities and funding portfolio
- Organising multidisciplinary workshops to establish new collaborative groups and encourage inter-departmental research projects
- Analysing Widening Participation data to recommend new admissions policies for the departments
- Conducting a review of pastoral care for postgraduate students in the department