Imperial College London is looking to recruit recent graduates to its Graduate Management Training Scheme. The scheme is designed to provide candidates who do not have extensive professional experience with an introduction to a career in university management. Previous management trainees have successfully progressed to a wide range of roles across the College.
Qualifications and Eligibility Criteria:
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- No previous management experience is required although applicants should have graduated from higher education within the last three years (since the summer of 2016) or be due to graduate in summer 2019. Applicants graduating from or who have recently obtained Masters and PhD qualifications will also be considered.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Independence: the ability to take the initiative, lead on projects, and be proactive in prioritising a dynamic and diverse workload
- Interpersonal: confidence in forming effective working relationships with a diverse range of people, including working inclusively and as part of a team.
- Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English
- Adaptability: the ability to multitask, and to respond effectively to change, on a day-to-day basis and between placements
- An interest in higher education: demonstration of a clear and reasoned interest in working in higher education and learning about the inner workings of a highly complex organisation.
- An interest in personal and professional development: demonstration of seeking out and acting upon opportunities for personal and professional growth.