Project Manager - Shared Prosperity Fund
Imperial College London has secured two years of London Shared Prosperity funding as part of the Better Futures 3.0 team led by the Greater London Authority, West London Business and Sustainable Ventures, to deliver economic growth and increase climate action in London through a range of support activities for small businesses. We are looking for a talented Project Manager to coordinate and manage the Imperial contribution, and ensure...
Job listing information
- Reference NAT01520
- Date posted 18 September 2023
- Closing date 9 October 2023
Imperial College London has secured two years of London Shared Prosperity funding as part of the Better Futures 3.0 team led by the Greater London Authority, West London Business and Sustainable Ventures, to deliver economic growth and increase climate action in London through a range of support activities for small businesses. We are looking for a talented Project Manager to coordinate and manage the Imperial contribution, and ensure compliance with the overall SPF framework.
The Imperial team is led by Undaunted, Imperial’s climate innovation activity, run in partnership with the Royal Institution, and as part of the Grantham Institute.
Imperial College London is delivering an exciting part of this project, to support the success of climate start-ups and scale ups through a new type of support that brings together early-stage businesses with policy makers, users of their products and other stakeholders. The purpose of these interventions is to get useful innovations into use in demonstrations at scale to help the built environment implement climate solutions whilst simultaneously creating conditions for successful business scale up.
You will provide day to day management for the project, ensuring benefits are realised and risks are managed accurately. We are looking for someone who can implement Imperial’s project management processes, in collaboration with the Grantham Institute’s administrative team, the College’s extensive project management, research, finance, HR, contract and legal services. You will ensure that all activity is in compliance with SPF regulations and will achieve this by establishing good lines of communication and cooperation with the GLA’s Project Management Unit (PMU).
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading the overall project management and compliance function, coordinating with the Project Management Office and the Grantham Institute at Imperial.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the SPF project, implementing critical metrics and ensuring that it is delivered according to milestones, deliverables, schedule and budgetary requirements and tracking the project’s progress (finance and outputs) using project software systems.
- Ensure that the project is compliant with SPF regulations, budgets and reporting are accurately handled, PMU is kept informed with project performance, and all components of the project are well coordinated.
- Prepare and submit financial claims to the funder and approve invoices relating to project expenditure in a timely manner.
- Provide an internal audit function for all project partner claims prior to submission, ensuring that project partners adhere to the financial rules. Provide financial support and advice to non-finance staff on finance and compliance for project partner leads.
- Work with the wider Imperial project team to ensure coherent working between all members of the SPF team across Undaunted and Imperial Enterprise division and to ensure timely delivery of the project activities.
- Bachelor level degree in cleantech relevant science /social science, or another analytical subject area
- Senior level experience of leading major programmes and/or projects, potentially public programme delivery experience
- Project reporting of economic, social and environmental target outputs, outcome and impacts
- Experience of handling a strict budget, delivering a project within budget, and internal and external financial reporting
- Strong, independently driven delivery focus with strong organisation, coordination and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of priority environmental and climate challenge areas for cities
- Knowledge of the remits of London’s cleantech ecosystem stakeholders including innovation support agencies and funding streams
This role is full-time, fixed term until 31 March 2025. You will be based at South Kensington Campus and travel to other sites will be required.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Gosia Gayer on email@example.com.
Need some advice on submitting a successful application? Check out our Tips on how to submit a successful application.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people