Postgraduate Administrator (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to recruit a Postgraduate Administrator to working directly with the Course Directors at Silwood Park, and other senior academic staff. You will primarily be responsible for the administration of postgraduate taught (PGT) activities on the Silwood Park Campus of the Department of Life Sciences. The position is based at the Silwood Park Campus, which is home to approximately 25 academic staff, 40 research staff and 10 support...
Job listing information
- Reference NAT01589
- Date posted 17 November 2023
- Closing date 3 December 2023
We are seeking to recruit a Postgraduate Administrator to working directly with the Course Directors at Silwood Park, and other senior academic staff. You will primarily be responsible for the administration of postgraduate taught (PGT) activities on the Silwood Park Campus of the Department of Life Sciences.
The position is based at the Silwood Park Campus, which is home to approximately 25 academic staff, 40 research staff and 10 support staff. As well as housing state-of-the-art facilities for laboratory and field research, the campus is a recognised Centre for postgraduate training. You will be responsible for approximately 120 PGT students based at Silwood across 7 Masters Courses.
This is a busy and varied post requiring you to multi-task and to work to deadlines. You must be proactive in your approach to your duties and be able to work with minimum supervision. The post involves a high level of interaction with staff of all levels as well as students.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary contact for administrative queries and to provide administrative support on all processes relevant to postgraduate taught education on Silwood Park Campus
- Work with Graduate School staff, Registry staff, Departmental Operations Administrators and Faculty finance staff to implement policies and procedures
- To be aware of Departmental and Faculty Education administrative policies and assist in advising academic staff regarding College regulations
- Point of contact for prospective students, dealing with enquiries
- Provide general administrative support to the Course Directors
- Preparation of Departmental information packs for the Silwood Park PGT courses
- Compiling and reviewing the Silwood Park Departmental PGT handbooks
- Organising, supporting and taking minutes for Staff-Student Committee meetings and examiner’s meetings
- Distributing and collecting coursework for PGT students and sending to markers and examiners
- Request and co-ordinate exam questions when requested and send to external examiners.
- An honours degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience of regularly working with student record databases
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion
- Evidence of understanding student systems and Registry procedures
- Good working knowledge of a range of computer-based procedures and software packages, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
This is a full time, fixed term position for 12 months, covering a Maternity Leave. You will be based primarily at Silwood Park Campus, Ascot.
To apply for this position please complete the online application.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Elisabeth Ahlstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hybrid working may be considered for this role. Staff working in roles that are suitable for hybrid working will normally be expected to work 60% of their time onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
More information is available on the following web page: Work Location Categories (from 30 September 2023) | Administration and support services | Imperial College London
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people