Molecular Plant and Microbial Systems
Members of the Molecular Plant and Microbial Systems theme seek to understand how microbial and photosynthetic life originated and diversified, how they develop and thrive, and how they interact with an ever-changing environment.
Our methods and approaches are interdisciplinary, covering the full spectrum from atom to ecosystem, from gene to organism, and from picoseconds to billions of years. We use our science and discoveries to bring about impact, addressing global challenges in sustainability, food security, energy, synthetic biology, and policy.
Institutes, centres and initiatives
This Research Theme is associated to the following institutes, centres and initiatives:
- Frontiers of Ultrafast Measurement
- Grantham Institute – Climate Change and the Environment
- Institute of Infection
- Institute for Molecular Science and Engineering
- The Imperial College Centre for Synthetic Biology
- Agri Futures Lab
- Industrial Biotechnology Hub
- Institute of Chemical Biology
- Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarships Centre for Cellular Bionics
- Microbiome Network