Health, Wellbeing and Culture
Staff Survey 2017
The Faculty of Medicine is actively taking steps to improve its working culture, following the results of the 2017 Staff Survey. View the reports for each department below:
Imperial Diversity Pledge
To be successful the College has to attract and retain the best staff and students. Our objective is that all of our staff and students (including women, black and minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and disabled) should be appropriately represented at all levels of the College.
Our Pledge to you, our staff and students, is that we will take all necessary steps to bring this about by:
- Identifying and addressing any barriers faced in education, career opportunities, personal development and promotion
- Creating a culture where all staff and students feel valued and respected and in which those with family and caring responsibilities enjoy full equality of opportunity
- Monitoring our progress toward the achievement of our Pledge and publishing the results
Imperial's commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Imperial signed the pledge in 2014 to demonstrate our commitment to ending the discrimination and breaking the silence around mental health issues
- Imperial is a employer
- Imperial is part of Stonewall's Diversity Champions Programme and committed to LGBT equality in the workplace
- Imperial is the first university to work with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people
- Imperial holds an Silver Award. All departments in the Faculty of Medicine hold Athena SWAN awards. The Athena SWAN Charter was established in 2005 to encourage and recognise commitment to advancing the careers of women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) employment in higher education and research
General support 2
Looking for more specific support?
- IMPACT - Imperial Positive About Cultural Talent: talent development programme for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff
More training opportunities
Imperial offers a range of training opportunities throughout the year for College staff, to engage with any issues relating to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, and to raise awareness and increase understanding among staff so that they can support others in their work.