The Professor Jenny Higham Collaboration Grant
Funded international projects for Imperial and LKCMedicine students
Up to S$5,000 per project
Total projects funded
Applicants will be informed of the outcomes in June
LKCMedicine and Imperial students will be expected to work together to submit a joint research proposal.
Initial Expressions of Interest are now open for the Professor Jenny Higham Collaboration Grant 2020. Download the Project Proposal Guidelines to find out more!
With a kind donation from Professor Jenny Higham and matching contributions from LKCMedicine and Imperial College London, the Professor Jenny Higham Collaboration Grant has been established in recognition of Prof Higham’s strong desire to support cross-pollination and exchange of ideas between LKCMedicine and Imperial College School of Medicine. Since the launch of the Professor Jenny Higham Collaboration Grant in 2017, 13 student groups have been awarded funding for collaborative research projects.
The Grant enables medical students from LKCMedicine and Imperial to collaboratively undertake projects in medical education, medical humanities or a self-directed project. Groups of two or more students can apply for the grant provided at least one student is enrolled in the undergraduate programme in London (Years 2 - 5), and one is enrolled in the programme in Singapore. An amount of up to S$5,000 may be awarded per project to successful recipients.
Purpose of the Grant
As a joint Nanyang Technological University–Imperial College London school, it is important and befitting for LKCMedicine and Imperial to support students from both partner institutions who wish to participate in collaborative initiatives. Given the unique learning and personal development opportunities collaborative endeavours have to offer, the Professor Jenny Higham Collaboration Grant aims to encourage students to initiate and undertake innovative cross-border pursuits.
|Friday 14th February 2020||Stage 1 Initial Expression of Interest deadline - All students interested in applying for the Grant must complete the online form.|
|Friday 20th March 2020||Stage 2 Proposal deadline - LKCMedicine and Imperial students will be invited to contact each other to establish project groups and develop a proposal*.|
|Friday 1st May 2020||Stage 3 Proposal deadline - Projects will be assigned a Faculty Advisor to provide feedback on the project. Students are required to seek support of a Supervisor for th project.|
|June 2020||Selection of successful proposals - Students will be notified of the Panel outcomes by the end of June 2020.|
|July - December 2020||Project work to be completed - Students will be required to complete an Interim Report in September 2020.|
|January 2021||Final Project Poster and Presentations - Presentation events will be held at LKCMedicine and Imperial.|
|Dates are subject to change|
*Pre-existing OCIPs will not be permitted to apply to the grant
Projects funded by the Grant include:
• Accelerating cross-centre collaboration through developing an online portal for student-led joint Imperial College London and LKCMedicine academic projects
• Comparing patients’ perspectives on primary care in Singapore and the UK
• Medical Education Research Collaboration on Team-based learning
• Collaboration between LKCMedicine and Imperial College School of Medicine Surgical Societies
• Overseas Community Involvement Projects in the Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar and Sri Lanka
• A cross-sectional study comparing the disability-adjusted life years and clinical management of dementia patients living in London and Singapore
• Sleep LKC: A study on the beliefs about sleep in Singaporean medical students
• Designers and Innovators of Paediatric Health
• Exploring international differences in perceptions of patients about atypical symptoms of stroke and myocardial infarction
• A Dual-Dimension Comparative-Creative Study on the Utility of Healthcare Resources in Female University Students Aged 21-25 with Disordered Eating Habits