MSc, PG Dip and PG Cert Paediatrics and Child Health
Develop skills in teaching, learning and educational research within a paediatric setting
This part-time programme has been designed for students with a wide range of background skills in paediatrics, who require a detailed understanding of:
- core research methodologies
- critical evaluation
- evidence-based approaches
- early life origins and scientific basis of childhood disease
- innovations in diagnosis and treatment within paediatrics
All study programmes are part-time and comprise block face to face teaching sessions and web-based learning. The flexible, blended learning allows you to learn anytime, anywhere.
Is this programme for you?
The programme will give students the opportunity to:
- develop skills in teaching, learning and educational research within a paediatric setting
- experience the benefits of working and learning within a diverse multi-professional team
You will be a highly attractive prospective employee as by training in a multi-professional programme you will have the advantage of already understanding the composition and organisation of integrated teams.
- Interact with some of the world’s leading experts in paediatric disease and child health
- Train in multidisciplinary teams to develop an integrated package of care for the child and a stimulating and enjoyable environment in which to work
- Learn about specialist topics such as paediatric allergy, infectious diseases and host defence, paediatric sleep, law and ethics in paediatrics, adolescent health, serious infection and critical care, paediatric ventilation, paediatric high dependency care, and child public health and social paediatrics.
Depending on the level and direction of your ambitions, you can choose to study for one of the degree options below, or take any of the programme modules as a stand-alone short course. See all of the Paediatrics short course offerings on the Department of Medicine short courses page.
Student prize winner profiles
Each year the Dean's prize is awarded to an exceptional student on each of our Master's courses. Find out more from the prize winners for this course.
Duration: 2-3 years
Start date: October
Duration: 2 years
Start date: December
Duration: 9 months
Start date: October