How to apply
All applications for the Revolutions in Biomedicine summer school must be made online. Please follow the steps below to make sure that you provide us with all of the information we need to assess your application.
Tabs - How to apply
You will need to:
- Be an undergraduate or recent graduate (18 years and older)
- Demonstrate that you have passed at least one undergraduate module in a bioscience subject
English language requirements:
You will need to meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Are undertaking an undergraduate or postgraduate degree taught in English
- IELTS (a score of 6.5 overall with a minimum score of 6.0 in all elements)
- TOEFL (a score of 92 overall with a minimum score of 20 in all elements)
- CET 4 (a minimum score of 550)
- CET 6 (a minimum score of 520)
- Other English language qualification (at the discretion of the programme coordinator)
Is the summer school right for me?
The Revolutions in Biomedicine Summer School encompasses a wide range of biomedicine subjects and is delivered at undergraduate level. We welcome applications from undergraduate, recently graduated and postgraduate students. We are unable to accept applications from students who are under 18 years old or have not started an undergraduate degree.
You will not be expected to have prior knowledge of the Summer School topics covered. Our aim is to expand your academic horizons by offering you the opportunity to engage with topics that you may not have had the chance to encounter before.
While students with a more advanced academic background may find some of the programme material familiar, the breadth of subjects that we address is such that you are likely to encounter areas which are entirely new to you.
However, if you are aged 15-17, you may like to consider the Imperial College Global Summer School.
Gather supporting documents
It is recommended that you gather your supporting documents before beginning your online application. You will be prompted to upload copies of the following documents as you work through the online application form:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Your university transcript to date
- Proof of your English language eligibility
Apply via the online application form.
- Create an account.
- Click on the summer schools tab at the top of the page.
- Read through the information on the pages and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose ‘Revolutions in Biomedicine – Faculty of Medicine Summer School |RBSSC |1|SK|PT|OP’ when asked for the ‘programme title’.
- Work through the form and click ‘submit application’ when you are ready.
- Remember that by applying for the programme you are agreeing to our Revolutions in Biomedicine terms and conditions 2018 (pdf).
We will aim to communicate the outcome of your application within 20 working days of receiving your application.
If your application has been successful you will receive an email with further information about the summer school and how to pay your tuition fees. To confirm your place on the summer school you will need to pay the full tuition fee.
Once your payment has cleared, a member of the team will email you to confirm your place on the programme and provide you with documents for your visa application.
After your offer
If you are not a UK or EU national, you may need to apply for a visa to study the summer school. For more information, please see Imperial College's visa pages.
Summer school students are not obliged to stay in Imperial's accommodation, but a range of options are offered by the Imperial Summer Accommodation team. Please download our Revolutions in Biomedicine brochure, and then visit the Summer Accommodation website for details about how to book. Accommodation bookings and enquiries are handled separately via the Imperial College Summer Accommodation team.