Support for Teachers
We have regular Teacher & Adviser conferences which might help you to guide your students if they want to apply for medical schools.
The next event will be a joint set of events with other London Medical Schools, in collaboration with the Medical School Council.
London Medical Schools Teachers and Advisers Conference
Monday 27 March 2023 - 9:00am – 12pm
For the second year, the five London medical schools have come together with the Medical Schools Council and Health Education England to deliver a free virtual conference for teachers and careers advisers who support students through the medicine application process.
The conference aims to:
• Explain the different aspects of the medicine application process including admissions tests, work experience, personal statements and interviews and how best to prepare your students
• Provide insights from admissions tutors from all five London medical schools on what they are looking for from candidates
• Give delegates the chance to speak to current medical students about their experiences
• Equip delegates with the knowledge and resources to support their students to make successful applications
Delegates will have the opportunity to submit questions to the team ahead of the event via the booking form.
Please note that there is a limited number of spaces so we encourage you to book your place early.
This event is open to teachers and advisers at state schools in England only.
Book your place here.
Applications closes at 23:59 on Friday, 10 March 2023
Please note that places will be prioritised for teachers from our target schools/areas. After registration we will contact you to confirm your place at the event.
We look forward to welcoming you.
If you have any questions, please contact the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conference Team
• University College London
• Imperial College London
• Kings College London
• Queen Mary, University of London
• St George's, University of London
Follow up events
Delegates will be invited to attend two further interactive ‘twilight’ sessions designed to explore relevant areas in more depth. Subject areas are TBC but are likely to cover:
• Alternatives to medicine – allied health and medical science options
• Admissions staff and medical student Q&A