Online research funding and news service
What is Idox ResearchConnect?
Since 2018 the College has a subscription to Idox ResearchConnect (before called Idox GRANTfinder 4 Education), an online provider for research funding information offering a searchable database of funding opportunities with the option to subscribe to alerts. This new version called now ‘ResearchConnect’ will be available from the 10th June 2021. Here some useful tips:
- New URLhttps://search.myresearchconnect.com/
- To avoid confusion, please delete the ‘old’ URL from your favourites or browser history
- Enter your normal User Email and Password (use Forgotten your password? if needed)
- All your Saved Searches and Alerts will have transferred to the new version
- The GrantFinder funding dataset has been ‘re-badged’ as ‘Enterprise Funding’ and it is easy to ‘switch’ between each of the datasets (Research Funding and Enterprise Funding) within the ResearchConnect platform
- This video (for internal use only) outlines the key differences between the ‘current’ and ‘new’ versions https://youtu.be/APPhLA_LGis
ResearchConnect - the UK's first grants and policy information service tailored specifically for further and higher education institutions, featuring over 20,000 continuously updated opportunities. As a professional funding service powered by Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information, ResearchConnect provides you with the following key benefits:
- A one-stop-shop of funding information – removing the legwork when searching for funding opportunities.
- An holistic view of the funding landscape – thousands of funding opportunities reported to support both R&D and wider business development.
- Updated in real time – as soon as it is known about a new funding opportunity, so do you.
- All information is presented in Plain English – ensuring that jargon and text heavy guidelines are easily accessible to users.
- Encouraging knowledge transfer – allows you to disseminate information through bespoke reports and intuitive reporting features.
- Email alerts – automatic updates on saved searches, alerting you to new or updated funds relevant to your research.
- News alerts – approaching deadlines and new funding calls delivered directly to your inbox.
- A regular funding bulletin, categorised by discipline, keeping you updated with research areas of interest to you
Note Idox plaftorm offers three services with different scopes:
- RESEARCHconnect: Research funding - from all funders types (UK and international) that are available to both institutions and indviduals.
- Enterprise Funding (before called GRANTfinder): Infrastructure and development funding - from all funding types (UK and European) that are available to institutions
- The Knowedge Exchange (TKE): Policy papers – across Government (regional & UK), EU Commission, Think Tanks and Research bodies. Please see what ‘The Knowledge Exchange’ offer.
Who should sign up?
All staff involved in research and research administration are encouraged to sign up. Students are also welcome to use this service.
How do I sign up?
To set up an account you need to register on Idox ResearchConnect.
Note you will need to register separately to have access to the TKE service.
How do I use the system?
Using the system is quite straightforward. Please see this video (for internal use only) that outlines the key differences between the ‘current’ and ‘new’ versions https://youtu.be/APPhLA_LGis.
The Faculty is organising a one-hour live training on the 29th June at 12:00 to have an overview about this new version and answer any queries. Please REGISTER to attend this session – everybody is welcome!If you have additional queries please contact the Strategy Research Facilitator Ester Buchaca-Domingo.