Speak Up Speak Out
The NHLI EDI committee has launched a 'Speak up, Speak Out' campaign to allow an avenue for our staff and students to anonymously report matters of concern, or make suggestions to improve our work culture and environment.
This initiative was launched in response to the staff survey that showed some of our department have experienced bullying and harassment. We are aiming to achieve some insight into what kind of behaviour is present, alongside any other suggestions for change. Please speak up and tell us if you have any suggestions about how to improve your work environment, or concerns about inappropriate behaviour that you have experienced or witnessed.
You can get in touch by using the suggestion boxes located across Imperial's campuses.
Location of suggestion boxes
- Emmanuel Kaye Building - reception area
- Sir Alexander Fleming Building - ground floor post room (by reception)
- Guy Scadding Building - next to pigeon holes on ground floor
- ICTEM, Hammersmith - fourth floor kitchen area
- Medical School Building, St Mary's - third floor kitchen
- Keep any suggestions or concerns posted in the boxes anonymous.
- Do not use this channel if you have any serious concerns for yourself or another member of staff, instead contact HR or use the Faculty's reporting form for bullying and harassment.
What will happen to my suggestion?
Comments will be collected each month by Alex Dawes and considered by the EDI committee who will be decide what action and initiatives can be taken to improve the work culture at the National Heart and Lung Institute.
Alternatively you can email to Alex Dawes with any suggestions or concerns and she will collate the responses keeping all identities anonymous.