New Occupational Health Management System project
The legacy Occupational Health Management System (an on-premise database called OPAS) needs to be replaced by the end of 2022 as it will no longer be technically supported by the supplier.
After business process mapping, requirement analysis and a competitive market assessment, the College has contracted Cority to supply a secure cloud based Occupational Health Management System (OHMS).
What are we doing?
The Occupational Health team are working with ICT and external suppliers to replace the current occupational health system with a brand-new secure platform, that has a portal that will be accessible to all Imperial staff and students.
The Occupational Health staff, both Clinical and Administrative, will get access to the secure Management ‘Platform’ so they can provide the services required.
All staff and students will have access to the ‘Portal’ that allows secure patient access to view their own records and to book appointments, complete questionnaires and provide informed consent about reports for their Managers / Supervisors.
Line Managers / Supervisors will have access to the Portal to view dashboards and reports that they have been consented to view.
Why are we doing it?
- To enhance the privacy of your health data ensuring we keep your details safe and secure.
- A single source of truth for all Occupational Health records.
- To improve the service we give you, through a more efficient administrative process – allowing more time for your clinical needs.
What does this mean for you?
- Easier access through self-service system to your health questionnaires, appointments, vaccination records, health surveillance record and recalls for testing.
- Faster more efficient service and more time for your clinical needs.
- For managers and supervisors – easier and faster access to the data you need to make referrals and manage safety.
- You will receive notifications when you need to update details, including health clearances.
- You can monitor progress using the platforms progress trackers.
- You can view reports and dashboards of your records
What can you do to support the activity?
- Testing the system – we may ask you to help us to test the new system – watch out for invites.
- We will send you training and guidance on the new system once it is ready.
- Once live you can use the portal to crete referals or contact the team instead of using emails or phone calls.
- Line Managers / Supervisors you can start getting prepared by collating any previous or current health related records that you may have kept in emails / SharePoint and/or paper files, as these must all be moved into the new system by end 2022 and the legacy copies destroyed to meet our GDPR requirements.
- Remind yourself about GDPR and the College retention schedule
- Change your internal processes – You must only use the new OHMS once we go live– do not create paper or duplicate records locally from now on.
When is it happening?
July 2022 - We will be launching a minimal viable product (MVP) version of the platform and portal in July 2022 (date subject to change) with the aim that all those staff or students who have current live records getting immediate access by using their username and password via Single Sign On (SSO).
Once we launch all staff and students will have the ability to login to the portal and create self-referal and more.
July to December 2022 - We will continue to update and enhance functionality in an agile way, with updates added on a rolling basis.
By Dec 2022 we will ensure that all locally stored records have been moved over to the new system.
All closed records currently on the old system OPAS will be stored there as read-only. (There will be another future project to archive this information in accordance with GDPR.)
Find out more
You can contact the OH team for more information or read our FAQs below:
Question - Why are we replacing the current Occupational Health system?
Answer - The OPAS system is coming to the end of life and will be switched to ‘read only’ and will also run out of technical support from the supplier, and therefore it is no longer fit for purpose. We also want to improve the GDPR compliance of our record keeping.
Question - What is OHMS, and who is the new supplier?
Answer - OHMS is the acronym for Occupational Health Management System. The supplier is Cority Inc - a global vendor in Occupational Health and related fields. They own Cohort Software Ltd who are very well known in this area and this product is used by NHS Trusts.
Question - I heard that Cohort was hard to use- why are we using that?
Answer - Cority have completely upgraded all the Cohort systems and the activity team have assessed them against the requirements as well as ensuring privacy for your data.
Question - I already use Occupational health - how will this affect me?
Answer -If you already use Occupational Health your records will be migrated to the new system, and you will be able to login once we launch. You will find the new way to engage and communicate with us a more user-friendly, efficient and secure service via your new portal.
Question - I have never used Occupational Health - how will this affect me?
Answer -The new portal will allow you to self-refer or refer someone you manage or supervise for occupational health advice. It’s efficient and secure.
Question - how will I log into the new Portal?
Answer - You will be able to log in directly using your username and password via Single Sign On from your device.
Question - Who will be able to access my health data?
Answer - There will be an updated Privacy Notice to explain this in full on the portal, but your medical and clinical data is only seen by our clinical staff and yourself.
Any report sent to suggest workplace adjustments will be discussed with you first and will not have any clinical information on it.