Module Management Feedback
Managing Student Module Information and Registrations
The management of student module registrations in the College Banner student system was launched in Autumn 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year.
The challenges working with a joined up end-to-end module management process have been brought to the fore, particularly relating to the processing of changes to curriculum data across systems. The end-to-end module management process has a direct relationship with related Academic Calendar deadlines effectively supporting the student lifecycle key College activities.
In order to capture feedback, we invite you to take the Module Management feedback survey (accessible from the link on the right) to help us to understand benefits realised through the delivery of new module registrations management capability and improvements that are needed to help consolidate the end-to-end process.
The survey has five sections, an overview of which is set out below. If a section does not apply to your area of expertise, you have the option to move forward to the next section or review the content without being committed to complete a response.
Your feedback will be used to help shape proposed recommendations to the Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee (QAEC) and the Student Information Management Programme (SIMP) Board to inform change.
The feedback survey is open until Thursday 11 February. In order to support an understanding of the full process a Key Activity Timeline and Process Map are also available.
Thank you in advance for your time and input. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at the Student Information Management Programme (SIMP) if you have any questions.
The survey invites feedback on the following processes:
• Communication of degree programme information (9 questions)
• Student access to module teaching materials (13 questions)
• Managing student module registrations (13 questions)
• Using College systems (9 questions)
• Student status relationship to module teaching materials (5 questions)
1. Major and minor modifications
2. Curriculum roll-over and systems set-up
3. Student elective module selection
4. Student programme enrolment
5. Student module registrations and updates
6. Curriculum and student data validation