Imperial College recognises that the transition into the life-changing event of parenthood can be both difficult and stressful for some. We offer two voluntary sessions which look at both practical and emotional aspects to enable staff to develop in their careers post-maternity/paternity through effective planning and communication. Further information and how to book a place can be found on the HR webpages.
The 2 workshops are as follows:
Work/Family Balance for Parents
- Your Wheel of Life: what is going well for you, what isn’t: prioritise which to improve on.
- Identifying your personal values: understand what drives you in life and how you can live your values to feel happier.
- Your transferable skills: what you do as a parent or carer which helps you professionally and how to maximise these skills in both your key roles.
- Takeaway checklist for better work/family balance.
- Reconnecting with values and strengths.
- Enhancing visibility.
- Growing relationships; building a personal stakeholder map.
- How to work flexibly – tips to take away.
- Managing the work/family balance.