1. Resource use efficiency
2. Analysis and development of policy for interventions to prevent plastic pollution
3. Improvements in health and sustainable livelihoods through resource efficeincy
4. Research into European Environmental Policy and its implications for the development of resource preservation and resource efficeincy interventions.
1. Sustainable Urban Environments Waste Consortium Project 2: Appropriate scales and technologies for thermal treatment options of Waste-to-Energy.
2. Sustainable Urban Environments Waste Consortium Project 3: Appropriate scales and technologies for biological treatment options for urban waste including energy production from Anaerobic Digestion
3. Collaboration with University of Bari on comparative studies of urban and agricultural waste systems
4. Research into relevant European Environmental Law cases pertaining to Waste Management as contribution to a book on Environmental Law for Engineers
EPSRC - Sustainable Urban Environments: Waste Consortium, Thermal processing technology cluster