Highway Engineering - CIVE97122
- The impact of recent trends in logistics and supply chain management on freight transport.
- Presentations on the strategic, tactical and operational levels of freight transport.
- Routing and scheduling methods used in tour and load planning.
- The developing field of mobile communication in freight transport.
- City logistics: the problems and solutions for freight transport in cities.
- The specialist fields of port logistics, construction logistics and hazardous material transport.
- Freight flow modelling techniques as used in national, regional and urban planning.
Highway Engineering - CIVE97161
Updates being processed and will appear before 25 September 2019
Air Traffic Management - CIVE97130
- To introduce the functional elements of Air Traffic Management (ATM), ground and airborne.
- To understand the components of current ATM systems and future ones.
- To cover the constraints to the operation of ATM systems including: airspace capacity; operational airspace safety; environment and economics.
Transport, Environmental Impacts and Safety - CIVE97018
- To provide students with a thorough understanding of the principal environmental impacts and safety concerns of transport.
- To equip students with tools and techniques for evaluating air quality, noise and climate impacts of transport at local and global scales.
- To train students to understand and evaluate the principles of transport risk and safety, specifically with respect to different transport modes and human factors.