I'm Head of Communications and Engagement at Imperial's Faculty of Medicine.
Based in the Faculty of Medicine Centre office, I lead a team that delivers a wide range of communications and stakeholder engagement activities for Imperial's largest academic faculty. This team includes:
- Lou Lee—Communications Officer
- Meesha Patel—Communications Manager for the Department of Brain Sciences, Department of Infectious Disease and Department of Immunology and Inflammation
- Vacant—Communications and Engagement Coordinator (Apply by 26 March 2023)
Find out more about support and services the Faculty of Medicine
- 2022 President’s Awards for Research Support Excellence
- 2021 President’s Award for Achievement in Societal Engagement (Team award)
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
I've been a Mental Health First Aider at Imperial since 2017. MHFAiders are trained to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and can potentially help stop a crisis from happening. They can do this by recognising warning signs, and they have the skills and confidence to approach and support someone experiencing mental ill-health. Find out more
I completed an undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences (Zoology BSc Hons) at the University of Bristol in 2008, and have since also worked for Wildscreen, Icon Films, and Wellcome Trust.
You can find out more on my LinkedIn profile and follow me on Twitter @almccrtny.