- Chair in Subsurface Physics
- Consul Sept 2021-
- Section Head NRGE, 2016-2021
- TOTAL Professor in Reservoir Physics and EOR, Imperial College, 2011-2016
- Reader in Reservoir Physics, Imperial College, 2010-2001
- Senior Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering, Imperial College 2002-2010
- Governors' Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering, Imperial College 1995-2002
- Software Consultant, SSI(UK) Ltd. 1991-1995
- Research Reservoir Engineer, BP Research Centre, Sunbury 1986-1991
- D.Phil., Atmospheric Physics, Oxford 1983-1986
- B.Sc. (Hons), Physics, Imperial College 1980-1983
Recent Measures of Esteem
- Chair of Scientific Advisory Committee for Norwegian IOR Centre, 2016-
- Chair of EAGE IOR Symposium 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019
- Technical Committee SPE Reservoir Simulation Conference 2017, 2019, 2021
- 2013 keynote in opening session for EAGE IOR Symposium 2013 (http://www.eage.org/events/index.php?eventid=851&Opendivs=s3), also member of organizing committee and session chair
- 2013 Member of Local Advisory Committee for EAGE Annual meeting (http://www.eage.org/events/index.php?eventid=755) and session chair.
- 2006-8 BP Technology Fellow (http://www.aral.de/assets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/reports_and_publications/frontiers/STAGING/local_assets/pdf/bpf19_28-30_profile.pdf)
- 2008 Keynote presentation on "Reservoir Compartmentalization: Get it before it gets you" at Geological Society Conference on Reservoir Compartmentalization, March 2008
- 2007 Organising committee SPE Forum ‘70% recovery: a dream or a reality'
- 2004 Chair, Modelling Permeable Rocks Conference
Other Significant Activities
Imperial College Faculty of Engineering Ambassador for Women
Departmental Athena SWAN coordinator.
Reviewer for Transport in Porous Media, SPEJ, Experiments in Fluids, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering
Expert reviewer for Norwegian Research Council and King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
External examiner for MSc Oil and Gas, University of Aberdeen
Subsurface carbon dioxide sequestration, Improving oil recovery in oil and gas reservoirs through the development of better recovery processes, better understanding of the impact of geological heterogeneity and uncertainty and better numerical modelling of those processes. My research uses a combination of experimental, mathematical and numerical approaches.
et al., 2023, Pore structure and wetting alteration combine to produce the low salinity effect on oil production, Fuel: the Science and Technology of Fuel and Energy, Vol:332, ISSN:0016-2361, Pages:1-15
et al., 2022, The effect of viscosity ratio and peclet number on miscible viscous fingering in a dele-shaw cell: a combined numerical and experimental study, Transport in Porous Media, Vol:143, ISSN:0169-3913, Pages:23-45
Samuel J-S, Muggeridge AH, 2022, Non-Intrusive Reduced Order Modelling for the fast simulation of gas reservoirs, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, Vol:101, ISSN:1875-5100
Samuel J-S, Muggeridge AH, 2022, Fast modelling of gas reservoir performance with proper orthogonal decomposition based autoencoder and radial basis function non-intrusive reduced order models, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Vol:211, ISSN:0920-4105
Smalley C, Muggeridge A, Reservoir Compartmentalization: Get it before it gets you, Geological Society Conference on Reservoir Compartmentalization