- TOTAL Professor in Reservoir Physics and EOR, Imperial College, 2011-
- Reader in Reservoir Physics, Imperial College, 2010-2001
- Senior Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering, Imperial College 2002-2010
- Governors' Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering, Imperial College 1995-2002
- Software Consultant, SSI(UK) Ltd. 1991-1995
- Research Reservoir Engineer, BP Research Centre, Sunbury 1986-1991
- D.Phil., Atmospheric Physics, Oxford 1983-1986
- B.Sc. (Hons), Physics, Imperial College 1980-1983
Recent Measures of Esteem
- 2013 elected Chair of EAGE IOR Symposium 2015
- 2013 keynote in opening session for EAGE IOR Symposium 2013 (http://www.eage.org/events/index.php?eventid=851&Opendivs=s3), also member of organizing committee and session chair
- 2013 Member of Local Advisory Committee for EAGE Annual meeting (http://www.eage.org/events/index.php?eventid=755) and session chair.
- 2011 Organising committee for EAGE IOR Symposium
- 2009 Organising committee for EAGE IOR Symposium
- 2006-8 BP Technology Fellow (http://www.aral.de/assets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/reports_and_publications/frontiers/STAGING/local_assets/pdf/bpf19_28-30_profile.pdf)
- 2008 Keynote presentation on "Reservoir Compartmentalization: Get it before it gets you" at Geological Society Conference on Reservoir Compartmentalization, March 2008
- 2007 Organising committee SPE Forum ‘70% recovery: a dream or a reality'
- 2004 Chair, Modelling Permeable Rocks Conference
Other Significant Activities
Imperial College Faculty of Engineering Ambassador for Women
Departmental Athena SWAN coordinator.
Reviewer for Transport in Porous Media, SPEJ, Experiments in Fluids,
Expert reviewer for Norwegian Research Council and King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
External examiner for MSc Oil and Gas, University of Aberdeen
Improving oil recovery in oil and gas reservoirs through the development of better recovery processes, better understanding of the impact of geological heterogeneity and uncertainty and better numerical modelling of those processes. My research uses a combination of experimental, mathematical and numerical approaches.
et al., 2018, The shape and motion of gas bubbles in a liquid flowing through a thin annulus, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol:285, ISSN:0022-1120, Pages:1017-1039
Gago PA, King P, Muggeridge A, 2018, Fractal growth model for estimating breakthrough time and sweep efficiency when waterflooding geologically heterogeneous rocks, Physical Review Applied, Vol:10, ISSN:2331-7019
Attar A, Muggeridge A, 2018, Low salinity water injection: Impact of physical diffusion, an aquifer and geological heterogeneity on slug size, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Vol:166, ISSN:0920-4105, Pages:1055-1070
Hamid SAA, Muggeridge AH, 2018, Analytical solution of polymer slug injection with viscous fingering, Computational Geosciences, Vol:22, ISSN:1420-0597, Pages:711-723
et al., 2018, The shape and motion of gas bubbles in a liquid flowing through a thin annulus, CAMBRIDGE UNIV PRESS, Pages:1017-1039, ISSN:0022-1120