- Challenger 150, September 2022. Session: ”Chemistry of nutrients, trace elements and their isotopes in ancient, modern and future oceans”. Title: Lead concentrations and isotope compositions of surface waters from the western South Atlantic Ocean.
- Joint DTP Conference, August 2022. Session: ”Water Pollution”. Title: Lead concentrations and isotope compositions of surface waters from the western South Atlantic Ocean.
- Clean Currents Coalition, 2021 Symposium (Benioff Ocean Initiative, University of California - Santa Barbara). Invited panellist. Title: Machine learning solutions to monitor and quantify riverine plastic pollution.
- American Geophysical Union, 2020 Fall Meeting. Invited speaker at the session 'Plastics in the Geosphere I'. Title: Coastal margins and backshores represent a major sink for marine debris: insights from a continental scale analysis.
I am a teaching assistant on the following modules:
- Environmental data - Autumn 2021
- Machine Learning and Data Science - Autumn 2021, 2022
- Climate - Autumn 2022
- Data Science and Machine Learning for Geoscientists - Spring 2022
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics of the Ocean - Spring 2022
I thoroughly enjoy communicating science to a broader audience and making my research accessible to the general public.
I am the coordinator of Pint of Science at Imperial College London since 2021.
- "Pollution pathways from land to the ocean" at the First Light Festival in Lowestoft (18-19 June 2022). In collaboration with the Natural History Museum and the Grantham Institute.
I have authored two articles for The Conversation: