- 1H-NMR and LC-MS based metabolic phenotyping of human and animal biofluid samples
- Chemometric analysis of spectral data
- Microbial-mammalian metabolic signatures
- Exposomic influences in the development of human disease
- Age-associated metabolite patterns
Main Research Objective
My primary research focus is in age-associated metabolite patterns. My PhD research project focused on the impact of Caloric Restriction (a well established experimental intervention to extend lifespan) on urinary and plasma mouse metabolic phenotype. This work resulted in a number of publications, and motivated me to continue academic research.
I remained in the group after completing my PhD, performing 1H-NMR and UPLC-MS based metabolic phenotyping in large scale epidemiology studies to further understanding of diet and ageing in human health and disease. I have also been involved in collaborative research studies with the Section of Neonatal Medicine exploring the metabolome in the developing infant, and metabolic signatures associated with infant disease outcome.