Experiential and Digital Learning
Videos of geotechnical laboratory test methods and calibration procedures were created at Imperial College to support experiential learning and online education of fundamental concepts in Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. The following videos were developed in compliance with rigorous standard test methods and standard procedures:
- Transducer calibration and error analysis;
- Particle analysis using a digital scope;
- Dry sieving method;
- Minimum density and unit weight of sands;
- Liquid limit test using the fall cone apparatus (cone penetrometer method);
- One-dimensional consolidation test.
For additional information about educational videos, please contact Dr Carraro.