- Otto Mønsted Guest Professorship, Otto Mønsted Foundation, 2019
- IEEE Power & Energy Society Prize Paper Award, as co-author of the paper: "A dynamic mode decomposition framework for global power system oscillation nnalysis" by Emilio Barocio, Bikash C. Pal, Nina F. Thornhill and Arturo Roman Messina, in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems., 2018
- IEEE PES Technical Committee Working Group Recognition Award, IEEE Power and Energy Society, 2016
- President's outstanding research team award at Imperial College London, Imperial College London, 2016
- Mercator international Guest Professor, German Research Foundation, 2011
- 2009 Task Force on Blackout Experience, Mitigation, and Role of New Technologies, "Blackout Experiences and Lessons, Best Practices for System Dynamic Performance, and the Role of New Technologies", IEEE Special Publication 07TP190, July 2007., IEEE Power and Energy Society, 2009
- IET Renewable Power Generation Premium Paper Award, The IET, 2008
- C.Engg, Engineering Council,UK, 2004
- Eryl Cadwallader Davies Prize for the best PhD thesis, Imperial College London, 1999
- PhD & DIC, Imperial College London, 1999
- M.Engg., Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore,India, 1992
- B.E, Jadavpur University,India, 1990
- IEEE PES Working Group on Distribution System State Estimations: Practical Challenges, Limitations of Current Tools and Research Need, 2013-present., IEEE Power and Energy Society- Distribution System Analysis (DSA), IEEE, 2013
- Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, IEEE, 2012 - 2017
- Editor-in-Chief, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, UK, 2005 - 2012
- Chairman, IEEE Non-PES Conference Liaison (NPCL)
- Member, International Editorial Board, International Journal of Electric Power Components and Systems, USA
- Member, International Editorial Board, International Journal of Systems Sciences, UK
- External Examiner, University of West Indies
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Fellow of IEEE for contribution to power system stability and control, IEEE USA, 2013
- Member, CIGRE Working Group C4.6.01 Network Security, Paris
- Member,, IEEE Power System Dynamic Performance committee
- Fellow, IET(UK)
Links with Other Academic Bodies
- Visiting Professor at Tsinghua University, Tsinghua University, 2012 - 2017
- Mercator International Guest Professor, University of Duisburg-Essen, 2011 - 2011
- Prof Arturo Roman Messina, CINVESTAV, MEXICO
- Dr Rabih A Jabr, Notredame University, Lebanon
- ALSTOM UK, Wind Farm Integration: This consulting project is focused on developing analytical tools for solving large wind farm synchronization and stability problem.
- Alstom Grid :, Research Consultant through ICON.
- Alstom Grid UK, Wind Farm Interaction -Phase II: This was phase II of our just concluded work on wind farm interactions studies.
- Grid Solutions UK Ltd, Investigator on a PhD top up funding on Wind Farm Dynamic Equivalencing
- National Grid UK, Principal Consultant on Investigation of Sub-synchronous Interaction between Wind Turbine Generators and Series Capacitors.
- STATNETT, Norway, Consultant for OFFSHORE HVDC GRID DEVELOPMENT IN THE NORTH SEA: A PRE-STUDY. It was completed in four days with another academic staff and one PhD student and a Research assistant.
- UK Power Networks, Academic partner in an innovation project : Domestic Energy Storage & Control (DESC)
- Fellow of IEEE for contribution to power system stability and control, IEEE (USA), 2013
- FIET, IET, 2006