My expertise lies at the interface between particle physics, gravity and cosmology where I develop and test new models and paradigms.
Early Universe Cosmology: Probing signatures of the Early Universe be it for inflation or its alternatives.
Dark Energy: What is the source of the late–time acceleration of the Universe ?
Cosmological Constant Problem: Understanding the effect from vacuum energy of particle physics on cosmological scales.
Behaviour of Gravity: Deriving alternatives to General Relativity with an emphasize on theoretical consistency and quantum stability.
Tests of Gravity: Gravitational Waves, Lab, Solar System, Astrophysical and Cosmological signatures and tests of Gravity and screening mechanisms.
UV Completeness: Understanding the low-energy restrictions to the existence of a standard high energy completion and consequences to Cosmology and Particle Physics.
See inSpires for a list of publications
Grants and Awards:
- 2018: Adams Prize co-recipient for contributions to Mathematics. Awarded by the University of Cambridge
- 2018: Blavatnik Finalist, in Physical Sciences and Engineering for the inaugural Blavatnik Awards in the UK
- 2017: EPFL Alumni Award
- 2017-2021: PI on Simons Foundation Award, ‘Origins of the Universe’ program
- 2017-2022: PI on ERC consolidator grant, for the project “Massive Gravity and Cosmology,"
- 2016–2021: Royal Society Wolfson Merit Award
- 2012–2013: PI on ACES Advance Opportunity Grant, for the project “Recent Developments in Massive Gravity"
- 2010–2014: PI on Swiss National Foundation Professorship Grant, for the project “Challenging the cosmological paradigm."
- Since 2013: Co-PI on various group grants
et al., 2019, Scalar gravitational radiation from binaries: Vainshtein mechanism in time-dependent systems, Classical and Quantum Gravity, Vol:36, ISSN:0264-9381
de Rham C, Hinterbichler K, Johnson LA, 2018, On the (A)dS decoupling limits of massive gravity, Journal of High Energy Physics, ISSN:1029-8479
de Rham C, Melville S, Tolley AJ, 2018, Improved positivity bounds and massive gravity, Journal of High Energy Physics, ISSN:1029-8479
et al., 2018, Cosmology and fundamental physics with the Euclid satellite, Living Reviews in Relativity, Vol:21, ISSN:1433-8351, Pages:1-345