My expertise lies at the interface between particle physics, gravity and cosmology where I develop and test new models and paradigms.
Understanding Gravity at the Fundamental level:
Understanding gravity with an emphasis on theoretical consistency, quantum stability and relevance for cosmology.
Tests of Gravity: Using Gravitational Waves to probe gravity in conjunction with laboratory, Solar System, Astrophysical Cosmological tests and screening mechanisms.
Early Universe Cosmology: Probing signatures of the Early Universe be it for inflation or its alternatives.
Dark Energy: What is the source of the late–time acceleration of the Universe ?
Cosmological Constant Problem: Understanding the effect from vacuum energy of particle physics on cosmological scales.
UV Completeness: Understanding the low-energy restrictions to the existence of a standard high energy completion and consequences to Cosmology and Particle Physics.
See inSpires for a list of publications
Grants and Awards:
- 2020: Named as a 2020 Simons Investigator in physics
- 2020: Blavatnik Laureate, in Physical Sciences and Engineering for the 2020 Blavatnik Awards in the UK, video
- 2018: Adams Prize co-recipient for contributions to Mathematics. Awarded by the University of Cambridge
- 2018: Blavatnik Finalist, in Physical Sciences and Engineering for the inaugural Blavatnik Awards in the UK
- 2017: EPFL Alumni Award
- 2017-2021: PI on Simons Foundation Award, ‘Origins of the Universe’ program
- 2017-2022: PI on ERC consolidator grant, for the project “Massive Gravity and Cosmology,"
- 2016–2021: Royal Society Wolfson Merit Award
- 2012–2013: PI on ACES Advance Opportunity Grant, for the project “Recent Developments in Massive Gravity"
- 2010–2014: PI on Swiss National Foundation Professorship Grant, for the project “Challenging the cosmological paradigm."
- Since 2013: Co-PI on various group grants
et al., 2022, New horizons for fundamental physics with LISA, Living Reviews in Relativity, Vol:25, ISSN:2367-3613
de Rham C, Tolley AJ, Zhang J, 2022, Causality Constraints on Gravitational Effective Field Theories, Physical Review Letters, Vol:128, ISSN:0031-9007
et al., 2022, A cautionary case of casual causality, Journal of High Energy Physics, ISSN:1029-8479
et al., 2022, Cosmology of Extended Proca-Nuevo, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, ISSN:1475-7516
et al., 2022, Reverse Bootstrapping: IR Lessons for UV Physics, Physical Review Letters, Vol:128, ISSN:0031-9007