I am a radiographer specialising in Breast Radiotherapy, based at Charing Cross Hospital. My PhD research project involves the development of an auto-segmentation model that can be used in radiotherapy planning.
- Welgemoed C. Role development for therapy radiographers in breast planning: a case study and discussion of influencing factors. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 2008; 7(1): 47-57.
- Welgemoed C. An evaluation of the supraclavicular and axillary lymph node radiotherapy technique. Abstracts from papers presented at the 5th Radiotherapy in Practice Conference, 8-9 Oct. 2010; 9:185-197.
- Welgemoed C. What were our expectations of radiographer led breast mark-up seven years ago, compared to today? Abstracts from papers presented at the 5th Radiotherapy in Practice Conference. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 8-9 Oct. 2010; 9,185-197.
- Welgemoed C, Blunt D, Hong L, Eliahoo, Cleator S. Are Supraclavicular and Axillary Nodes Inadequately Treated by Current Radiotherapy Techniques in the UK? Clinical Oncology, 2011; 23:S1-S58.
- Welgemoed C. Moving Ahead: The role of an advanced radiographer practitioner in optimising treatment pathways for patients with breast cancer. Imaging and Radiotherapy Practice, June 2015; 9-13.
- Laws S, Reynolds C, Welgemoed C, Wickers S. Excellence MIB 76 SD-IORT early stage breast cancer. (National Institute for Health Care Excellence, August 2016.
- Rogers J, Welgemoed C, Gujral D. Does body mass index or subcutaneous adipose tissue thickness affect interfraction prostate movement in patients receiving radical prostate radiotherapy? Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 29 July 2016; 15:334-340.
- Tanna N, McLauchlan R, Karis S, Welgemoed C, Gujral DM, Cleator S.J. Assessment of up-front selection criteria to prioritize patients for breath-hold left-sided breast radiotherapy. Clinical Oncology Journal, 2017; 29(6), 329-396.
- Welgemoed C, Rogers J, McNaught P, Riddle P, Cleator S, Gujral D. Deep inspirational breath hold to reduce cardiac dose in left sided breast radiotherapy. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 2017; 16(3), 251-257.
- C. Welgemoed. E. Spezi, D. Peressutti, M. Gooding, E. Aboagye, R. McLauchlan, D. Gujral. Does library sub-categorisation improve auto-segmentation accuracy in breast radiotherapy planning? Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2018; EP 1959
- M. Gooding, A. Smith, D. Peresssuti, P. Aljabar, E. Evans, S. Gwynne, C. Hammer, H. Meijer, R. Speight, C. Welgemoed, T. Lustberg, J. van Soest, A. Dekker, W. Van Elmpt. Multi-centre evaluation of atlas-based and deep learning contouring using a modified Turing Test. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2018; PV-0531
et al., 2021, A dosimetric study to improve the quality of nodal radiotherapy in breast cancer, Bjr|open, ISSN:2513-9878
et al., 2020, PO-0934: Evaluation of nodal outlining based on ESTRO guidelines in breast radiotherapy planning, Radiotherapy and Oncology, Vol:152, ISSN:0167-8140, Pages:S499-S499
et al., 2017, Deep inspirational breath hold to reduce cardiac dose in left-sided breast radiotherapy, Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, Vol:16, ISSN:1460-3969, Pages:251-257
et al., 2017, Assessment of Upfront Selection Criteria to Prioritise Patients for Breath-hold Left-sided Breast Radiotherapy, Clinical Oncology, Vol:29, ISSN:0936-6555, Pages:356-361
et al., 2018, Does library sub-categorisation improve auto-outlining accuracy in breast radiotherapy planning?, 37th Meeting of the European-Society-for-Radiotherapy-and-Oncology (ESTRO), ELSEVIER IRELAND LTD, Pages:S1065-S1065, ISSN:0167-8140