I am passionate about enhancing the postgraduate research experience. Integrated and networked research communities are core to this, and I enjoy working with postgraduate students and representatives, alumni, academic and support departments and organisations to develop provision.
I lead on the Professional Progression Programme, Postgraduate Representative Training , Activate Student Mentoring Programme Training and collaborate on Supervisor CPD. I am a qualified coach on the Doctoral student Coaching Programme, a qualified mediator for Research Degree Mediation, I am also Myers Briggs (MBTI®) and Belbin® accredited and a Mental Health First Aider.
Developing researchers who can work effectively in changing environments is core to my research and presentations on doctoral well-being and doctoral alumni views. The courses I lead and teach on are geared to developing communication, connections and progression and so include some reference to self-awareness and understanding of others (provision listed below).
Courses, blended online and face to face:
- Introduction to MBTI
- Introduction to Myers Briggs (Master's)
- Maintaining Your Motivation & Building Independence
- Negotiation for your Doctorate and Beyond
- Networking for Progressing your PhD and Beyond
- Ask the Doctor: Your Chance to Chat with a Doctoral Graduate at Work
- Thinking about doing a Postdoc?
- Conferences and Seminars Presentations
- Understanding and Developing Assertiveness
- An Introduction to Unconscious Bias for cohort delivery, and for all PhD and Master's students
- Finish Up Move On (FUMO ) (2 day non-residential)
Postgraduate Representative Training and Framework
- Chairing Meetings for Postgraduate Representatives
- Negotiation Skills for Postgraduate Representatives
- PG Wellbeing: Help your Peers (webinar)
- Assertiveness for Postgraduate Representatives
Longer courses, the Coaching Programme, Activate Mentoring Training, Supervision enhancement and Cohort Building: