- Study of pyrolysis, combustion, gasification and liquefaction of solid fuels, including biomass, wastes and coal.
- Combustion of blends of pulverised coals and co-combustion of coal with biomass or wastes.
- Trace element and other toxic emissions from the combustion and gasification of biomass, wastes and coal, including leaching properties of solid residues from such processing.
- Chemical characterisation of heavy coal derived liquids and petroleum residuals.
- "Chemical Nature of the Very High Molecular Weight Constituents of Coal" in collaboration with Prof. R. Kandiyoti, Dr. A. A. Herod, Dr. I. Suelves and Mr. C.A. Islas download PDF
- "Reduction of Toxic Emissions from Co-combustion of Coal and Waste in Fluidised Beds" in collaboration with Prof. R. Kandiyoti, Mr W. Aripin, and Mr B.B. Miller download PDF
- "Fundamentals of Coal Blend Combustion Behaviour" in collaboration with Prof. R. Kandiyoti, Dr. D. Peralta and Mr A. Abdul Majid download PDF