Supervisor, 2nd year Industrial Chemistry. (Undergraduate)
Supervisor, PhD Students. (Postgraduate)
Teacher, Product Characterisation. (Undergraduate)
Environmental Engineering - CENG96006
The aim of this class is to develop the student's ability to formulate and solve engineering problems involving:
• an understanding of the environmental impacts of human activities;
• a knowledge of how to quantify these impacts;
• a knowledge of the chemical engineering unit operations which can be used for emission abatement;
• a knowledge of the concepts of sustainability, waste minimisation, clean technology and green chemistry;
• an understanding of the factors which determine how emission legislation is approached and of relevant legislation.
Product Characterisation - CENG97025
Modern process industries are increasingly focussed on value added product engineering including foods, pharmaceuticals, personal care products, advanced materials, and other formulated products. An integral component of product engineering is the ability to describe the critical engineering and chemical attributes of the final product. This course is designed to provide students with up to-date knowledge and experience in current experimental techniques for product characterisation. Following completion of this course, the students will be able to recognise the most relevant technique of choice to analyse a product (including its limitations and benefits). At the end of the course, the students should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of current methods for structured product characterisation, and be familiar with the
areas of their applicability.