Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery. Has a clinical interest in HPB Surgery with a specific focus on minimally invasive techniques, the use of radiofrequency energy as a resection tool, cholangiocarcinomas and neuroendocrine tumours.
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Southampton, 1985
- MB ChB, University of Birmingham, 1989
- FRCS (Eng), 1993
- FRCS (Gen Surg), 2002
- MD, University of London, 2006
- Molecular pathogenesis of cholangiocarcinomas to identify novel therapeutic targets.
- Early detection of cholangiocarcinomas using novel biomarkers
- Synthesis of novel molecular conjugates comprising chemotherapeutic agents and transporter molecules for targeted delivery to cholangiocarcinomas.
- Stellate cancer-associated fibroblasts contribution to chemoresistance of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- Module leader BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia (Module 1: Regeneration, repair and cancer control).
- BSc in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- MSc in Surgical Science
- MSc in Surgical Technology
- Whipps Cross Higher Surgery Course
- Supervising 2 PhD, 2 MSc and 1 MRes Projects
- Sub-editor of the Journal of HPB Surgery
et al., 2021, Up-regulation of C/EBP alpha inhibits suppressive activity of myeloid cells and potentiates antitumor response in mice and cancer patients., Cancer Research, Vol:81, ISSN:0008-5472
et al., 2021, PRIME-HCC: Phase Ib study of neoadjuvant ipilimumab and nivolumab prior to liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma, Bmc Cancer, Vol:21, ISSN:1471-2407
et al., 2021, Impact of SARS-CoV-2 pandemic on pancreatic cancer services and treatment pathways: United Kingdom experience., Hpb (oxford)
et al., 2021, Preoperative nasopharyngeal swab testing and postoperative pulmonary complications in patients undergoing elective surgery during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, British Journal of Surgery, Vol:108, ISSN:0007-1323, Pages:88-96
et al., 2020, No difference in mortality among ALPPS, two-staged hepatectomy, and portal vein embolization/ligation: A systematic review by updated traditional and network meta-analyses, Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Diseases International, Vol:19, ISSN:1499-3872, Pages:411-419